There are many reasons that people turn to car shipping companies for their auto transport needs. By making sure that you are choosing the right company for your move, you can ensure that you'll be getting the best car shipping rates possible. In this rough economy, savings are everything, so this becomes vital; especially in a long-distance relocation.
But you do want to make sure that the car shipping companies you are looking at aren't offering prices that are substantially lower than their competition. This just means that they are cutting corners somewhere along the line that allows them to offer lower rates.
What you want is a licensed car shipping outfit that will put your mind at ease not only with their rates, but with their insurance and safety policies as well. To do this, you must first find a company that specializes in your specific type of move. Let's take a look at some of the reasons people turn to car shipping companies:
Who Relies On Car Shipping Companies for Shipping Cars?
Whether you need to get your car across state lines or across the world, these companies specialize in transporting your automobile to your chosen destination quickly and safely. But to ensure that you're choosing the right companies, look for ones that mention working with whichever one of the following moves you are looking to make or the following categories you fall into. Doing so will ensure you get the best rates:
- Those who are moving from one part of the country to another and don't wish to drive their car themselves. This is often the case because rates are often cheaper than gas and hotels, plus you have the added benefit of having zero wear and tear or mileage on your car. Further, you won't have the stress that can often accompany a long road trip.
- Those who sell and purchase cars from online auto vendors such as eBay. This group includes both private buyers and sellers as well as car dealerships who make transactions for vehicles online. Because of the distances often involved, companies provide and ideal way to bridge the gap between the buyer and the seller. Shipping rates are often discounted to repeat sellers.
- Car dealerships use national companies to move vehicles from auctions to car lots or from one car lot to another. Often times, rates are heavily discounted due to the constant business dealerships bring to companies.
- Snowbirds or winter and summer vacationers. These are people who winter or summer in another area than where they live and often times use services to transport their vehicle to their secondary location for use. Look for seasonal rates and try to go off-season (Florida to NY in the winter or fall, NY to Florida in the summer or spring.)
- Military vehicle and car shipping. Because military personnel are stationed throughout the country and due to the frequency with which they move, many often rely on companies to deliver their and their family's vehicles to new homes. Many car transportation companies will offer prime rates or discounts to military members as they recognize and appreciate those in the service.